The Sports Medicine Center
At the Los Angeles Orthopaedic Institute, we are proud to be the official team doctors for the California State University Northridge, go Matadors!
LAOI doctors are experts in the musculoskeletal system and have the specialized knowledge and skills needed to help athletes and active individuals of all ages and skill levels achieve their goals. This care begins with a thorough evaluation, where the doctor will assess the patient’s symptoms, medical history, and physical condition. Based on the findings, the doctor will create an individualized treatment plan tailored to the patient’s specific needs.
Treatment options may include physical therapy, medication, bracing, injections, and minimally invasive surgery. In addition, LAOI doctors work closely with other medical professionals such as primary care physicians, physical therapists, and athletic trainers to provide comprehensive care. We also emphasize injury prevention and work with patients to develop strategies to reduce the risk of future injuries. Our goal at LAOI is to help patients return to their sport or activity as soon as possible and to prevent future injuries.
The past 25 years of caring for the athletes have been a tremendous honor and we look forward to the next 25 years with the same enthusiasm and excitement.
Dr. Domenick Sisto is the founding member of the Los Angeles Orthopaedic Institute (LAOI) and is the Chief of the Orthopaedic Surgery Division of Sports Medicine at CSUN. Dr. Sisto performs ACL reconstructions, shoulder stabilization, and “Tommy John” ulnar collateral ligament elbow reconstruction on athletes.
Dr. Shrey Kanjiya is the Assistant Chief of Orthopaedics at CSUN and in addition to the surgeries done by Dr. Sisto, he also is an expert hip arthroscopist and fracture surgeon.
We are proud that CSUN and all the student-athletes have chosen LAOI as the team orthopedic surgeons and we offer the SAME LEVEL OF CARE to all of our other athletic patients including our “weekend warriors.”
Please call us if you have an injury and want to receive the highest level of Sports Medicine Care.
Some common conditions treated by orthopedic sports medicine doctors include:
- Sprains and strains: injuries to ligaments and muscles caused by overuse or trauma.
- Fractures: breaks in bones caused by trauma or overuse.
- Dislocations: injuries in which a bone is forced out of its normal position in a joint.
- Tendinitis: inflammation of a tendon caused by overuse or injury.
- Bursitis: inflammation of a bursa, which is a small fluid-filled sac that cushions and protects a joint.
- Overuse injuries: injuries caused by repetitive motions or prolonged use of a particular body part.
- ACL tears: injuries to the anterior cruciate ligament, one of the main ligaments in the knee that provides stability.
- Meniscal tears: injuries to the cartilage in the knee that helps cushion and stabilize the joint.
- Rotator cuff tears: injuries to the tendons and muscles that attach the shoulder blade to the upper arm bone.
- Shin splints: pain in the front or inside of the lower leg, caused by inflammation of the muscles, tendons, and bone tissue.
Orthopedic sports medicine doctors use a variety of treatments to manage these conditions, including physical therapy, medications, injections, and surgery. They also work closely with other medical professionals, such as primary care physicians, physical therapists, and athletic trainers to provide comprehensive care for their patients. Their goal is to help patients return to their sport or activity as soon as possible and prevent future injuries.