Neck & Spine
Enjoy faster healing with less pain and scarring with state-of-the-art spinal care at LAOI. A pioneer in the new HydroDiscectomy™ treatment for herniated discs, we are a leader in non-surgical, minimally invasive, and surgical care for a wide array of disorders, including degenerative disc disease, adult scoliosis, spondylolisthesis, nerve compression, radicular extremity pain, and tumors of the spine.
The neck and spine are both important parts of the musculoskeletal system that provide structural support and allow for movement.
Some common conditions that affect the neck and spine include:
- Cervical spondylosis: a degenerative condition that affects the vertebrae and discs in the neck, causing stiffness, pain, and reduced range of motion.
- Herniated disc: a condition in which the soft center of a spinal disc bulges out through a crack in the tougher exterior, compressing the spinal cord or nerve roots.
- Stenosis: a condition that occurs when the spinal canal becomes narrowed, putting pressure on the spinal cord or nerve roots.
- Scoliosis: an abnormal curvature of the spine that can cause pain and difficulty with balance and posture.
- Degenerative disc disease: a condition that occurs when the discs in the spine lose their ability to absorb shock, leading to pain and stiffness.
- Osteoarthritis: a degenerative condition that affects the joints in the spine, causing stiffness, pain, and reduced range of motion.
- Spinal fractures: a break in one or more of the bones of the spine, which can occur as a result of a fall or accident.
- Spondylolisthesis: a condition in which one vertebra slips out of place onto the vertebra below it.
- Kyphosis: an excessive curvature of the thoracic spine, causing a hump-like appearance in the upper back.
- Spinal stenosis: a narrowing of the spinal canal that can cause pain, numbness, and weakness in the arms or legs.